These clovers split into tiny delectable breakfast bites! Flavored with ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, these bites are full of spice... but are not too spicy! Perfect for a holiday morning!
You will need:
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup shortening
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
4 Tbsp butter or margarine (approx.), melted in small bowl
Small bowl of cinnamon and sugar mix (about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar)
1. Heat oven to 350°F and grease muffin tins (yields about 16).
2. Combine sugar, egg, and shortening.
3. Add milk and stir.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg.
5. Gradually stir dry ingredients into 1st bowl, do not over-stir.
6. Using a rounded teaspoon for measurement, create doughballs.
7. Place three doughballs in eat muffin tin to form a clover shape (see photo below).
8. Bake for 14-16 minutes. (Melt butter in the mean time).
9. Using a basting brush, paint each clover with melted butter or margerine.
10. Immediately cover in cinnamon-sugar mixture.