To close "Mexican-Inspired Food Week" I made Cheesy Refried Bean Quesadillas. This may not be the most sophisticated quesadilla recipe, but truth be told, I invented this recipe in high school. However, I believe these are more flavorful than your average quesadilla. This is due to the substitution of white flour tortillas with fried corn tortillas and... *gasp* the Doritos, which only adds to the CHEESE factor. This is also good for picky eaters, as there are no bits! Another plus? Meat-free!
You will need:
Small corn tortillas
Refried Beans (vegetarian)
1. Heat oil and lightly fry tortillas. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
2. Lay out tortillas, covering half of the prepared tortillas with refried beans. Drizzle taco sauce over the top.
3. Crush Doritos and sprinkle a rather-thick layer over the beans/sauce.
4. Spread sour cream and sprinkle cheese over other half of tortillas.
5. Sandwich together, cut, and heat.