My first impression of these low fat Cappuccino Crinkles was that these bitesize cookies were not sweet enough. However, the intensely dark chocolatey-coffee flavor won me (and many others!) over. In fact, the cookie dough is so dark, it resembles tar before cooking! If you prefer only sweet cookies, you may wish to add more sugar to this recipe (taken from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook).
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Paraphrased recipe: Bake at 350 °F (approx 175 °C)
1. Beat butter or margarine for 30 secs.
2. Add brown sugar, cocoa, coffee, baking soda, and cinnamon and beat until combined.
3. Beat in egg whites and yogurt until combined.
4. Beat in flour. If mixer stalls, finish mixing by hand, as dough becomes quite stiff.
5. Roll dough by the teaspoonful into tiny balls, then roll dough in a small bowl of granulated sugar.
6. Bake at 350 °F for 8-10 min, 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
These cookies are delightful with coffee or milk, just fyi. ;)