I did not invent a fried gravy burger. I did, however, attempt to recreate it at home. For the record, I do not actually eat quite as terribly as this blog may indicate... it's just sometimes my taste buds have a rather creative mind of their own. And I must obey.
Steps I took:
1. Make the gravy of your choice and pour it 1/2 inch thick in a wide freezer-safe container.
2. Allow to cool, and place in freezer until partially frozen and congealed.
3. Use a cookie cutter/anything else round to cut out the desired size disc.
4. Place back in freezer til frozen.
5. To batter them, I dipped them first in egg and then in flour, then egg again, and back into the flour. HOWEVER I feel creating a regular frying batter (or a tempura batter?!) and dipping the gravy disc in that would have been a better way to go.
6. I shallow-fried the gravy, which became a bit messy. I'd suggest deep-frying it in just over 1/2 inch of oil.
7. Be simultaneously proud and ashamed that you fried gravy.
To be honest, it tasted pretty great. But probably not great enough for how unhealthy it is!