Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Saturday 13 October 2012

General Tso's Beef Burger



You know that thing that happens when your mouth is really happy and spasms at the back to let you know it's overwhelmed by the food you just nommed?  That totally happened when I ate this burger.  Then I made 3 more, one everyday til the buns went bad.  SO good.  This burger is a take-off of my Orange Beef Burgers.
I fear this intro is written in a way that while adequately expressing my burger experience, demeans my intellectual capabilities.  Yet I shall defend my right to use the word NOM til the end of my days! 

Nom.

You will need:
1 burger (room temperature or fridge cold and cooked, preferably grilled)
1 burger bun
1/2 cup sticky rice (or rice that is still steamy enough to hold shape)
1 bottle General Tso's cooking sauce
An icecream scoop

1. Prepare rice and set aside, keeping warm. 

2. In a frying pan, add a burger-sized circle of General Tso's sauce

3. Add burger to pan and heat, making sure the burger is coated with the sauce (add more if necessary).


4. Cook until sauce caramelizes and burger becomes sticky (and hot).

5. Serve on a toasted bun.

6. Top with an icecream scoop of rice.

7. Serve with a small bowl of sauce for dipping, you may wish to water down the sauce and heat in the microwave.