Finally, a healthy meal suggestion that isn't incredibly dull or buried under green veggies. I decided to try making my own flavored chicken using chili and lime flavors after I saw a pre-packaged version that was out of my budget.
Might I recommend you attempt Crispy Chili-Lime Chicken Breasts? As long as you remember to soak the chicken in lime juice in the morning, the actual recipe is not complicated and takes only around 10 minutes to prep.
You will need:
4 small chicken breasts
3 tsps medium chili powder
1 1/2 tsps garlic salt
3/4-1 cup lime juice
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 large zipable bag
1. Poke chicken with fork.
2. Marinade chicken breasts by placing them in the bag and adding the lime juice. Close bag in a way that very little air remains, allowing the lime juice to cover as much of the chicken's surface as possible. Leave for 2-3 hours.
3. In a flat bowl, mix the bread crumbs, chili powder, and garlic salt.
4. Prepare the chicken for baking by first dipping each breast into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture, assuring all sides are covered.
5. Place chicken on greased baking sheet, and spray with low-cal cooking spray oil.
6. Bake at 400F/200C for 20-25 minutes (depending on exact size of breasts).