Yes, I've made a second version of cranberry cupcakes. For the record, this one is totally superior to the other, at least in taste! For a more intense frosting/filling, do not use a 'smooth' version of cranberry sauce. However, a smooth cranberry jam or sauce should go down a treat for picky eaters.
You will need:
1 recipe vanilla cake batter yielding 24 cupcakes, prepared
100g smooth cranberry sauce
100g (full fat) cream cheese (room temperature)
150g butter (room temperature)
3-4 Cups powdered (icing) sugar
1. Prepare vanilla cake and pour into lined cupcake tins.
2. Gently add 3-4 1/8 tsp drops of cranberry sauce to different areas of each cupcake (see photo). Alternatively, you can put a layer of cake batter, then a big ole plop of the cranberry sauce, and cover with more cake batter.
3. Bake cupcakes as directed.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Beat cream cheese, butter, and cranberry sauce.
2. Slowly beat in powdered sugar.
I also suggest topping with anything orange you may have (zest, orange flavored buttons, etc)