Sweet n Sour Lime Chicken has become a standard in my diet, as I try to create healthy asian-inspired dishes to curb my love of chinese take-out food. Sweet n Sour Lime Chicken is quite sweet, with a fairly intense tart edge. Therefore, I'm not actually sure how picky-eater friendly it is. However... no bits! :D
3 medium skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips.
1/3 cup soy sauce (low-sodium recommended)
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch (corn flour)
...dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1. Cook the chicken however you see fit. I like to cook mine for 10-15 minutes in the microwave at a medium heat, covered in a casserole dish with some water at the bottom (flip halfway through).
2. To prepare the sauce, simply combine soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper.
3. Fill a small measuring cup with 1/4 cup water and add 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch. Stir until dissolved. Add to sauce mixture.
4. Bring sauce to a low boil until the liquid thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
5. Add strips of chicken to the pot, and allow the chicken to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve with rice and extra sauce.
Extra saucy mmmmmmmm ------------------->