You will need:
1 1/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 Tbsp butter (melted, but not too hot to scramble the egg!)
2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (added a bit at a time until batter is correct consistency)
Green food coloring
3/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips OR mint chocolate chips
Whipping cream + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, whipped! OR already prepared whipped cream)
Yield: 12 medium pancakes (that are very filling!)
1. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, butter, peppermint, vanilla, and your green dye (amount to preference/quality of dye).
3. Slowly stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add milk until batter is a reasonably runny consistency (but will still hold a bit of shape).
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Heat a frying pan to medium and add some butter to ensure a non-stick surface. Butter should sizzle, but not start smoking!
6. Drop batter into pan, spreading into circle if necessary.
7. Cook for a couple minutes until edges start bubbling, then flip and repeat!
8. Once all pancakes have been cooked, serve with whipped cream (or maybe ice cream?). The pancakes really benefit from the dairy, I promise you.