Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki



I made Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki a couple months ago.  And then a million times over since then.  We are crazy for Okonomiyaki!  It is not quite like anything I've ever eaten or cooked before.  Familiar flavors, such as the savory pancake and noodles mix with the smokey katsuobushi (bonito fish flakes) and Okonomi sauce which were new to me! I highly recommend heading here for a step-by-step guide to Okonomiyaki.  Or you can find the (I think more common?) Osaka style here.


Happy Okonomiyaki-ing!