This recipe is also perfect for picky eaters, as you can fill them any way an individual desires!
Recipe for chili lime sauce for beef (Under Lime and Chili Marinade)
Recipe for Sriracha Cream Sauce
Recipe for battered fish from Jamie Oliver (ignore the chips and mushy peas)
1/2 package dried yeast
1/2 cup water (between 120° F–130° F /49° C–55° C)
2 cups flour (suggest using low-gluten bun flour, but not necessary)
1/8 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Toasted sesame oil (for brushing on outside of buns)
1. Dissolve yeast in the warm water and add 1/2 cup of the flour. Combine and cover with cloth. Allow to rise for 45 minutes.
2. Combine vegetable oil, salt, sugar, and 1/4 cup boiling water. Allow to become room temperature.
3. Add remaining flour.
4. Turn dough onto floured surface and kneed until smooth.
5. Place in large greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise for approximately 2 hours or until doubled in size.
6. Divide dough into 8 equal sections and roll each into a ball. Flatten into pancakes about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Brush both sides with sesame oil and fold dough over (it should look a bit like a taco).
8. Steam buns for approximately 10-15 minutes. Fill and serve immediately.