Whimsical Cookery is a site for adults who prefer to eat like children, or perhaps just need to cook for some children. This site contains an aversion to vegetables, a love of fried food and cupcakes, lazy shortcuts, some disturbing creations, and an ignorance of proper culinary practices...

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Pondering Mole Sauces


I'm not even going to pretend that I know the secret to an authentic mole sauce recipe.  I have perused many recipes and have transformed them into something that suits my taste.

Top mole recipes:
Thick and flavorful, by AllRecipes
Dark and rich, by Nick via Macheesmo
Nice and comparatively simple, by EatingWell
Interesting flavors and a bit different by Juliann Esquivel via Just A Pinch

As you can see, there are so many different ways to make a mole.  My absolute favorites always feature chocolate or cocoa though!  Give a recipe a try if you have some time, or invent your own version!

I've served my chicken mole in small white corn tortillas, as I cannot get enough of the flavor and texture they bring to my tacos.