I've got some more comfort food for ya! Chicken Croquettes are currently filling the ever-constant fried-food void in my life. These are handy, easy to eat, easy to reheat, and even taste great with ketchup...
You will need:
2 Tbsp butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp chicken bouillon (1 cube)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsley
sage (to taste)
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 cup bread crumbs
Canola or Vegetable Oil
1. Cook and shred chicken, set aside.
2. In a pot, melt butter and combine with flour and pepper.
3. Add milk and lemon juice. Heat and add bouillon, dissolve.
4. Add onion powder, parsley, a sprinkling of sage (to taste), mushrooms, and chicken. Mix.
5. Crack an egg into a small bowl and beat.
6. Add bread crumbs to another small bowl.
7. Shape chicken/mushroom mixture into small patties. (Use flour or breadcrumbs to soak-up excess liquid, or add small amounts of milk to increase moisture.)
8. Heat enough oil in a pan to cover at least half of patties.
9. Dip patties into egg, being sure to coat all sides. Then roll in bread crumbs until coated.
10. Fry croquettes on each side until golden brown.
Note: To reheat, place in oven at 350 until crispy again.