Zesty Orange French Toast is the perfect weekend-morning recipe. It is not too time-consuming, yet yields a pretty impressive homemade breakfast or brunch.
1/4 cup milk
-- 1 Tbsp orange zest
-- juice from half of the orange
3-4 pieces of bread
¼ tsp cinnamon
cooking spray or butter
powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest, and cinnamon.
2. Submerge pieces of bread in the egg mixture.
3. Melt some butter over the bottom of your skillet, or cover in cooking spray and turn stove top onto a medium heat.
4. When skillet is hot, turn one piece of egg-covered bread onto the pan and cook each side until slightly-browned.
5. Immediately dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed more people, of course!