There are two ways of making this diner favorite, an express way, and from scratch. To make the crust from scratch, simply crush oreos (or the chocolate biscuit part of the oreo) until you have 1 1/4 cup, combine with a spot of melted butter and press into the base of your pan. This is baked for about 5 minutes at 350F/175C.
The second bit that can be made from scratch is the chocolate fudge. Chocolate fudge is not difficult to make, you simply melt 1/2 tin condensed milk (that is 400g or about 14 oz) and 175g dark chocolate (about 1 cup dark chocolate chips).
This pie can really be an amazing thing to whip together in no time with pre-made ingredients or you can take the time to lovingly prepare it yourself!
You will need:
1 9-inch chocolate pie crust base (either prepared or store-bought)
3/4 cup dark chocolate fudge (either prepared or store-bought)
225g (8oz) full fat cream cheese
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (OR 1 1/2 cup Cool Whip)
1 cup mini reeses peanut butter cups (dark or milk chocolate to taste)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup if using Cool Whip, as it is sweetened.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter, and vanilla using an electric whisk/mixer.
2. Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mix. Set aside.
3. Warm your fudge slightly so that it is spreadable, and spread over your chocolate pie crust.
4. Pour your prepared peanut butter mix over the fudge.
5. Chop up reeses peanut butter cups and top pie. Decorate with whipped cream if desired.