Tis nearly the season! For pumpkin. SO. Today's mission? Popularise pumpkin bread in the UK. Easy peasy. I have come up with a recipe for pumpkin bread using metric measurements instead of U.S. measurements.
You will need:
425g pumpkin puree
450g plain flour
240ml vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Grease and flour 3 bread loaf pans.
2. Combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar.
3. In a 2nd bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
4. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until mixed. Over-mixing may affect the texture of your bread.
5. Bake at 175 C for 45 minutes (less for smaller loaf sizes).
6. Serve with butter or sweetened whipped cream.