A small salty twist on my version of simple twice-baked potatoes.
You will need:
4 medium potatoes
1/3 cup grated cheese of choice
1/4 cup crumbled crispy bacon
1/3 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp butter/margarine
16 pieces of thin-sliced Chorizo sausage
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Wash potatoes, repeatedly stab them with a fork to vent, and dry them.
2. Place potatoes on a large baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour, longer for larger potatoes of course.
3. Remove potatoes from the oven and slice neatly in half. Allow them to cool slightly so that you can handle them.
4. Scoop the potato out of each skin and add to a medium bowl. Be careful not to damage the shape of the skin.
5. While the potatoes are still warm, add the butter and combine with a potato masher. Then add the sour cream and continue mashing until desired consistency.
6. Stir in bacon pieces.
7. Carefully spoon the potatoes back into their skins. Top with a layer of cheese and two pieces of the Chorizo.
8. Return potatoes to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them as you do not want the Chorizo to dry out, just crisp up a bit.