Sooo sick of cardboard frozen pizzas with tomato paste sauce, yet can't afford Pizza Hut! Time to make my own pizza... This was made for Valentines dinner, it just took me THAT long to post. Awesome dedication to my blog, I know.
1 packet quick rise-dry yeast
1 cup water
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
4 slices thick-cut bacon
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 package large pepperoni
2. Heat water to 130 F, immediately add water (once heated) and oil. Stir until thick.
3. Turn dough onto floured surface, kneading for 5 minutes.
4. Return dough to bowl and cover with kitchen towel, let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Roll out dough, keeping in mind it will rise to nearly twice its height (I prefer thick-crust).
7. Grease pan and place pizza crust in center.
8. Use fork to poke holes in dough.
9. Cover with kitchen towel and let rest for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 F.
10. Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 10 minutes. Be sure to have toppings ready. In this case, I strained some pizza sauce to remove onion bits, grated the mozzarella cheese, and sliced up the bacon.
11. Remove pizza crusts from oven, and cover with toppings.
12. Replace in oven, generally 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted or slightly browned.