Yet another incarnation of this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook! In this version, I retained almost the same recipe for the base, but changed a few of the amounts/substituted heavy cream for yoghurt. (Okay, not as healthy as what they were going for, but it's all I had). The cookies turn out cake-like, a bit like the cookies in a chocolate whoopie pie. But perhaps even more chocolatey. Yum!
You will need:
1/3 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup heavy cream cream
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Approx 1 1/2 cups sweet whipped cream topping (prepared)
Yield: Approx 14 cookies/7 cookie sandwiches
Paraphrased and modified recipe: Bake at 350 °F (approx 175 °C)
1. Beat butter or margarine for 30 secs.
2. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cocoa, coffee, baking soda, and cinnamon and beat until combined.
3. Beat in egg whites and heavy cream until combined.
4. Beat in flour. If mixer stalls, finish mixing by hand, as dough becomes quite stiff.
5. Drop dough, about 2 Tbsp worth, about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 °F for 8-10 min.
7. Allow to cool, and spread whipped cream on one cookie and top with the second cookie. Voila!