This recipe, like the 'lil cheesecakes recipe, was taken from my high school 'Family and Consumer Economics' cookbook. I really really like simplistic comfort food. I know that Velveeta is not at the top of a foodies list, but dammit, I love processed cheese products! My palette is anything but sophisticated. And in the spirit of making food that may be less than elegant, but yummy as can be, I made Creamy Pepper Mac-n-Velveeta Cheese!
2 cup rotelle (or 1 1/2 cup macaroni) noodles
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (1/4 tsp for mild)
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup milk
8 oz. Velveeta cheese product
1. Cook noodles as directed, drain, and set aside.
2. Cut cheese into cubes and set aside.
3. Create a rue by first melting butter and then whisking in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
4. Once heated, stir in milk.
5. Once combined, add cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
6. Combine noodles and cheese mixture in casserole dish.
7. Heat in microwave on high for 8 minutes (or until thickened), stirring halfway through.